(Note: This article has been updated from the original to reflect new features in Whiist).
One of the great things about Windows Home server is the potential for easily sharing photos and files with your family and friends. In this simple example I’ll show how by using Whiist you can create a new photo album on your Windows Home Server in just a few minutes.
Over Thanksgiving Liz and I took a lot of pictures we wanted to send to my family back in the. Previously I would have used a service such as Flickr, but this time I’m going to use Windows Home Server and Whiist.
Here are the steps I took, with some helpful screenshots
1) Assuming you haven’t done so, download and install the latest version of the Whiist Add-In for your Windows Home Server.
2) Select “Manage Websites” from your Windows Home Server console. Click “Add” to start the Wizard and choose “Create a simple photo album to share pictures”.
3) Choose a location for your new album. I recommend that you keep your websites in one location, on my server I have a separate “Websites” share for this purpose.
4) Enter a new alias for your website. This will be used as part of the address for your album so can only contain letters and numbers.
Select ‘Finish’ in the Wizard.
5) After you select ‘Finish’ Whiist will open the folder you created in step 3. Copy your photos into this folder.
7) Send the link to family an friends
Update: Comments are now closed. Please direct comments to the forums